Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Candy Banned - A sign of the end of the world?


Just a quick note. Recently, a conneticut student was suspended for buying candy in school. Yes thats right for buying one of our world's most wonderful creations; CANDY! As an advocate for candy, I feel I must protest. Apparently, the school had banned candy from being sold in schools due to its "wellness" program. The student was offered a bag of skittles from another student, upon which he paid a reasonable fee for the bag of goodness. A teacher later caught the boy with candy in his pocket. The child is an honors student and lost his status of the vice-president along with bieng suspended for a period of 1 day.


This is retarded. I love candy, its fantastic. There is something fantastic about ripping open a package of your favorite sweets and relishing in their blessing. In fact, recently I was told that my favorite candy "Mamba" was the most environmentally unfriendly. Give me a break! Heck you want me to be more environmentally friendly? Flavor the wrappers, I'll eat those too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi, and also, what?? But who can make the sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two? Duh, the candyman can!!

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Fowie said...

Dude, um, I think the wrappers ARE flavored. In fact, I have some mambas at my house and I'm pretty sure the wrappers are flavored, why don't you come over and eat some of the wrappers for me, eh Ben?

Go candy. Who needs teeth anyway? We've got flouride in the water, right? What? We DON'T? Oh dear...my teeth hurt, I think I'll eat some milk chocolate for the added calcium.

How about an article on obesity in America? Holy cow, have you been to Disneyland lately? People can rent those motorized scooters just because they're too fat to walk around with their children! I think candy should be variably priced depending on your BMI.

Unknown said...

Ben Ben Ben... I Love it!
Mamba's are my fav as well, Go Mambas!!!

Ashley A. said...

I also love Mambas. But, I have to admit that even as a kid, before environmentalism was vogue, I wondered why on earth they had to have so many wrappers involved in opening and eating Mambas. Edible wrappers isn't a half bad idea.

I don't understand this story. So, not only was candy no longer allowed to be sold by the school, you couldn't even have candy on school premises? That's ridiculous.

Fowie said...

I'm still waiting for the next post....I've run out of Mambas waiting for the next post, and I even patiently unwrapped each one to waste time, instead of eating the wrappers....still no new post....